PALM CITY, Florida – The Fox Club Florida, an 18-hole semi-private club in Palm City, Fla., has been acquired by The Cape Club, a collection of world-class golf facilities that includes Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth, both must-play facilities in the Boston/Cape Cod, Massachusetts area.
The Cape Club plans to invest significant capital into The Fox Club’s golf course and clubhouse, ushering in a new era for the golf facility – an era that creates a premier private club experience that will be the crown jewel of the Palm City and Treasure Coast region.
“This is so very exciting for the club, the community and the region,” said longtime associate of the Fox Club, now General Manager Kristi Tower. “The Cape Club organization as a whole operates at an extremely high level, investing back into their courses to create amazing golf, social and culinary experiences. Being a part of the Cape Club family will usher in a new era for the club and will elevate the experience for members and guests.”
Capital improvement projects planned for The Fox Club include, but are not be limited to:
- Renovation of all bunkers on the course to include re-shaping, new liners, drains and the addition of brilliant “Augusta-white” bunker sand in all bunkers – a Cape Club Collection signature feature
- New landscaping around the parking lot and clubhouse
- Investment in a new pump station to provide enhanced turf health
- Revitalization of golf cart paths to include a refresh of current paths and new white coquina for natural paths
- Clean up of landscaping in both in-play and out-of-play areas on every golf hole. This will include trimming of all brush and trees, laying down pine straw, mulch and flowers in strategic locations.
- The entire golf course will receive top dressing to enhance turf health and will undergo other agronomic practices throughout the summer to ensure first-class conditions for the future
- Player-friendly redesign/enhancements to holes 10 and 18
- Refreshed (and fully accessorized) golf carts featuring state-of-the-art GPS, Bluetooth-enabled upgraded speakers, coolers and in-cart ball/club washers
- Renovation of the driving range/practice area to include enhanced landing area, new targets (with white sand bunkers), a new retaining wall, alternative artificial hitting matts, new practice golf balls along with furniture and practice accessories
- Creation of a new back patio on the clubhouse
- Clubhouse interior improvements to enhance social opportunities and event venues
Capital improvements to be made by the Cape Club represent a multi seven-figure investment in the golf course and clubhouse. In an effort to complete all improvements in a timely manner, The Fox Club will close temporarily from July 1 through mid-November 2022, at which time the club will be relaunched as the new Cape Club of Palm City.
Members of the new/relaunched private club will have access to both sister clubs – Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth. Additionally, members of Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth will have access to the new Fox Club upon reopening.
“Our members will be able to play and discover the world-class Cape Club courses in Massachusetts and vice versa. We look forward to being a winter retreat for Cape Club members from Sharon and Falmouth, and being their go to Florida destination,” added Tower.