DALLAS, Texas (Jan. 7, 2020) – Peter Lodwick has been elected as the 100th president of the Salesmanship Club of Dallas. Since 1920, the nonprofit service organization has been committed to changing the odds for children through the programs of Momentous Institute.
The Salesmanship Club of Dallas is also the host organization of the AT&T Byron Nelson, its primary fundraiser for Momentous Institute. Lodwick’s election kicks off a full year of celebrations for the Salesmanship Club of Dallas’ 100th anniversary.
“The 100-year history of the Club’s commitment to our community through the work of Momentous Institute is truly game changing for children and families,” Lodwick said. “I am incredibly humbled and honored by the opportunity to play a role, alongside my fellow Club members, in continuing this great legacy.”
Lodwick, a member of the Salesmanship Club of Dallas since 2004, has served on the Board of Directors for Salesmanship Club of Dallas, Momentous Institute and the AT&T Byron Nelson. He is a graduate of Southern Methodist University and the SMU Dedman School of Law. He has served as Managing Director and General Counsel of RGT Wealth Advisors, LLC, a Dallas-based wealth management firm, since 2016. Prior to that time, he was a Partner at Thompson & Knight LLP, a Dallas-based law firm, for more than 25 years.
The Salesmanship Club president serves a one-year term. In addition to Lodwick, six new members were elected to the following leadership positions on the Salesmanship Club of Dallas Board of Directors:
- First vice president: Bruce W. Hunt, Petro-Hunt, LLC
- Second vice president: Martin C. Peck, Lincoln Rackhouse
- Secretary: Michael George, Bilbo Transports, Inc.
- Treasurer: William H. Vanderstraaten, Chief Partners, L.P.
- Momentous Institute Board Chair: Joseph Merritt, Merritt Capital Partners, Ltd.
- Salesmanship Club Charitable Golf of Dallas Board Chair: Mike McKinley, Shackelford, Bowen, McKinley & Norton, LLP
Additional members elected to the 2019-2020 Board of Directors include:
- Patton C. Chapman, Tecon Corporation
- Michael S. Lewis, Velocis
- James K. McAuley, Texas Health Resources Foundation
- Patrick McEvoy Jr., Western Extrusions Corp.
- Michael R. Sweet, Ben E. Keith Foods
- Frank Swingle, Swingle, Collins & Associates
- Steven W. Van Amburgh, KDC Real Estate Development
- W. Kelvin Walker, Dallas Citizens Council
- William C. Wilshusen, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- John M. Yeaman, Tyler Technologies, Retired
About the Salesmanship Club of Dallas
Founded in 1920, the Salesmanship Club of Dallas is a nonprofit service organization of more than 600 business leaders dedicated to building and repairing social emotional health through the programs of Momentous Institute. The Salesmanship Club of Dallas hosts the AT&T Byron Nelson golf tournament which has raised over $163 million for Momentous Institute since 1968. Each year, Momentous Institute directly works side-by-side with over 5,500 children and family members through its nationally acclaimed Momentous School, innovative therapeutic services, and reaches thousands more through its research and training.