SCOTTSDALE, Arizona – Troon, the leader in providing golf and club-related leisure and hospitality services, is pleased to announce it has been selected to provide management services at North Creek Golf Club, a daily-fee facility in Southaven, Mississippi.
Indigo Sports, a division of Troon, will oversee golf operations, agronomy, and sales and marketing for the golf facility.
Located nine miles from Memphis International Airport and 13 miles from Downtown Memphis, North Creek Golf Club features an 18-hole, par 72 championship layout. Open since 1998, the Tracy May-designed course pays homage to links style golf courses with strategic dunes, steeply inclined bunkers, and fairways flanked by mounding.
North Creek’s clubhouse has a casual elegance with a well-appointed golf shop, the North Creek Bar & Grill and flexible event spaces that take in the majestic views of the surrounding golf course.
Texas-based Boxer Resorts purchased North Creek Golf Club in July of 2020 and immediately set forth a plan aimed at elevating the golf, social and event experiences at the popular Memphis area club. Property improvements executed over the last 24 months include:
- Bunker renovation to include fresh/new bunker sand, lining and drainage in all 40 of the bunkers
- Irrigation system improvements involving the controls and pump station enhancements which will support enhanced golf course conditions
- Completed clubhouse enhancements including paint, renovation of ballroom/event center, HVAC improvements and new televisions in bar/grille
- New Club Car golf cart fleet
- Introduction of a new frequent player program called the “Creek Card”
“Boxer Property has a long-standing relationship with Troon that has been beneficial to both parties. We are excited to expand this partnership in Southaven,” stated Michael Owen, a senior project manager with Boxer Resorts.
“North Creek Golf Club is an area favorite that serves up a golf experience that is fun, friendly and inviting for all,” said Troon Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing Kris Strauss. “We are excited to collaborate with Boxer Resorts to continue to refine even further these great experiences for frequent players, event planners, outing/tournament participants and beyond.”
For more information on North Creek Golf Club visit www.NorthCreekGolfClub.com.