SCOTTSDALE, Arizona – Troon and Troon-affiliated facilities around the world are raising awareness about breast cancer prevention and screening exams, and funds for breast cancer research throughout the month of October.
Troon-affiliated golf properties will fly pink-checkered flags on their 18th greens to help raise awareness about breast cancer and will have various fundraising events to support PLAY for P.I.N.K.®, a national charity funding breast cancer research.
PLAY for P.I.N.K. (Prevention, Immediate diagnosis, New technology, Knowledge) supports a nationwide network of volunteers who raise money for breast cancer research through sporting and lifestyle events to speed advances in prevention, detection, treatment and survivorship.
PLAY for P.I.N.K. donates 100 percent of its proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Throughout the month of October, Troon-managed facilities will host golf clinics, virtual events, and fun playing opportunities.
In addition, Troon has made it easier than ever to donate to PLAY for P.I.N.K. and breast cancer research by creating a QR code and a donation-landing page. The QR code will be displayed at Troon-affiliated facilities around the globe, as members and guests can scan the QR code, then direct their PLAY for P.I.N.K. donation through their favorite Troon-affiliated facility.
Examples of PLAY for P.I.N.K. fundraising events around the globe include:
· Kapalua Golf in Maui, Hawaii will be holding a fundraising tournament on Oct. 20 on its Bay Course. A portion of funds from the event will be donated to PLAY for P.I.N.K. The Breast ancer Awareness tournament will be $189 plus tax for non-residents or $59 plus tax for Kama‘aina (Hawaii residents). In addition, a par 3 – Hit the Green Challenge will be available on hole 15. Players can donate any amount in $5 increments for a chance to hit the green and double their money in pro shop credit.
· La Cantera Golf Club in San Antonio, Texas will have a pink flag on hole 18, pink tees in carts and a large pink ribbon on course. In addition, golfers using the promo code “PLAYPINK” will receive 20 percent off the online rate for up to four players, and $10 per golfer will be donated to WINGS – valid Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. throughout October. La Cantera will also host a WINGS Tournament at 1 p.m. on Tuesday Oct. 25 with a portion of proceeds donated to WINGS.
· Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake Ozark, Missouri is offering Stay for P.I.N.K. and Play for P.I.N.K. programs. Through the Stay for P.I.N.K. initiative, when guests book an October room night via https://4seasonsresort.com/pink and use the promo code “pink22,” a portion of every room night booked will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation through P.I.N.K. and guests will also save on standard room rates. In addition, through the Play for P.I.N.K. initiative, a portion of every round of golf will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation when guests book their October Lodge of Four Seasons’ golf rounds on The Cove and The Ridge Courses throughhttps://4seasonsresort.com/pink and enter the promo code “pink22.”
· Marin Country Club, a private club in Novato, California, will have multiple PLAY for P.I.N.K. fundraisers throughout the month of October for members, including golf, tennis and pickleball events.
· Montgomerie Golf Club in Dubai will have a Breast Cancer Awareness Day Supported by King’s College Hospital on Oct. 11. The day will include 18 holes of golf followed by food and beverages with the chance to win some great prizes.
· T-Shotz golf and entertainment venue in Kansas City, Missouri will hold a Breast Cancer Awareness Golf Clinic from on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 1 to 3 p.m. Hosted by Golf Pro Curt Pruitt, the clinic will assist golfers in helping to improve their game, while supporting a great cause. All proceeds from this clinic will be donated to PLAY for P.I.N.K.
· The Standard Club, a private club in Johns Creek, Georgia, will be flying their pink flag on No. 18, and will be featuring various “pink” themed cocktails throughout the October. For every “pink” drink purchased from their specialty cocktail list, The Standard Club will donate funds toward Breast Cancer Research.
To learn more about Troon’s Play for P.I.N.K. fundraising initiatives, visit www.troon.com. For more information on Play for P.I.N.K., visit www.playforpink.org.