OUTER BANKS, N.C. (Nov. 2, 2019) – Golf around North Carolina’s storied Outer Banks represents an outstanding selection of fun and affordable, yet quality golf courses — not to mention eclectic accommodations and a plethora of off-course activities that have transformed the Outer Banks into a mini-Mecca sportsman’s paradise.
Here are five “shore” things that make the OBX a perfect destination for a fall golf trip when the weather and course conditions are ideal.
1. THE PERFECT SEASON: Autumn offers the best weather and course conditions of the year, not to mention the best pricing. The summer crowds are gone as warm days, cool nights, smooth greens, great rates and amazing values are the new norms. Fall golfers face many enviable choices during their trips … wearing shorts or pants, hitting 5- or 6-irons into ocean breezes, flopping or pitching off lush turf, links or parkland designs, among others.
2. THE TOTAL PACKAGE: A famous expression was coined long ago at Cahoon’s Grocery and Variety Store in Nags Head goes, “If we don’t have it, you don’t need it.” This OBX motto could easily be applied to its golf. From true barrier island links courses to modern parkland marvels located inland, the region is so chock full of variety, golfers truly don’t have to go anywhere else. The challenges at The Pointe, The Carolina Club, Nags Head Golf Links, Kilmarlic and The Currituck Club are as spectacular as the coastal views they possess. There may be no better location for an affordable and memorable fall golf getaway than the Outer Banks.
3. FRESH COASTAL CUISINE: An autumn golf trip to OBX is all about tee times, shots along the sound, and an array of before and after-golf dining options that include selections pulled directly from nearby waters and then freshly prepared by local chefs. Ask any regular visitor to OBX and he or she will most likely clue you in about breakfast at Sam and Omie’s, lunch at Tortugas’ Lie, Kill Devil Rum tastings at Outer Banks Distilling, dinner at The Blue Point and OBX Trio, along with takeout from Currituck BBQ Company or in-home catering from Red Sky Cafe.
4. NEW GOLF COTTAGES: A wide range of top-shelf and equally eclectic accommodations can be found all along OBX, from the iconic Sanderling Resort in Duck to the fully equipped Kilmarlic Golf Cottages that feature golf course views of the championship course, along with access to a 5,000-square foot, lighted putting green and a four-hole Short Course. If your group prefers to be closer to the shore, you can choose from a vast array of beach or sound-side homes that range from one-bedroom condos to multiple bedroom estates. Then, rest up between rounds at any number of privately-owned vacation residences with luxuries such as private pools, pool tables, high-definition televisions and much more.
5. COASTAL TREASURES: “Away from it all” is how golfers feel teeing it up on any one of the outstanding golf courses located in the OBX. But don’t think for a moment that this coastal destination is bereft of things to do once your group’s round of golf is complete. When not standing on a green or tee box looking out across the ocean or a sound, golfers can stay busy living the good life in quaint villages and towns with funky names like Currituck, Corolla, Coinjock, Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, Duck and Kitty Hawk. For those who like hunting lighthouses as much as they do birdies, the region is well known for a beautiful string of lighthouses that stretch from Corolla in the north all the way to Cape Hatteras in the south.
There are many custom golf experiences available plus some special offerings like:
THE “YES, YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL!” PACKAGE
- All-inclusive package including made to order breakfast each morning at The Black Tartan Tap Room at Kilmarlic Golf Club
- Thursday night DownEast NC BBQ featuring authentic NC Pulled Pork BBQ with traditional sides
- 3 nights lodging at the brand-new Golf Village Cottages at Kilmarlic featuring the 5,000 square foot lit putting green and unlimited play on “The Killie,” afour-hole short course adjacent to the Village Cottages
- 3 rounds of golf, 1 each at Kilmarlic Golf Club, The Pointe Golf Club and The Carolina Club
- Package valid through Dec. 31, 2019
- Starting at $349.00 per person
Outer Banks golf package and travel planning information is available at www.PlayOBXGolf.com or 800-916-6244.