DAYTONA BEACH, Florida –The Chipd In National Championship Team Scramble at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando will kick off with a live exhibition by Tim Burke, two-time World Long Drive Champion on Oct. 14. The exhibition is open to the public and free of charge.
Burke was World Long Drive Champion in 2013 and 2015 and runner up in 2012 and 2019. He is currently ranked No. 2 in the country with his longest drive in competition at 474 yards.
“The exhibition by Tim promises to be an exciting event and a great way to kick off the weekend of events that will surround the Chipd In National Championship and Team Scramble competition,” said Tom Kidd, Founder of Joan L. Kidd MD Fight for Life Continuum.
“The weekend will be jam packed with world-class golf on Saturday and Sunday, the House of Blues Concert on Friday night and the pairings party and long drive exhibition on Friday evening. But the true highlight is knowing that everyone is coming together to have a great time while supporting several essential nonprofits in Florida.”
The Team Scramble Competition will be played as part of the Chipd In National Championship Oct. 15-16 at Rosen Shingle Creek. Each team will select which of the two days their team will be playing, as well as the benefiting charity of their choice.
Players can register individually for $175 or field a 4-member team for $600. When registering here participants can select the charity of their choice:
- 1Voice Foundation
- First Tee – Central Florida
- Florida Breast Cancer Foundation
- Panhandle Warrior Partnership
- Harbor House
- MS Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Central Florida.
Each team will receive:
- 18 Holes of Scramble Team Competition.
- 4 Tickets to pairings party/food and beverage on Friday evening, Oct. 14.
- Exhibition by two-time World Long Drive Champion Tim Burke on Friday evening.
- Skills competitions and prizes.
- 4 Tickets to House of Blues Concert on Friday night, Oct. 14.
- Hole sponsorship sign or banner.
To register individually or as a Team, please visit https://chipdin.com/pages/national-championship-scramble