ALEXANDRIA, Virginia – The Club Foundation is pleased to announce the 12 student recipients of the 2022 Joe Perdue Scholarship, which provides tuition support to students who are pursuing careers in club management.
Any individual who is actively seeking a managerial career in the club industry and is currently attending an accredited, four-year college or university undergraduate program may apply to The Club Foundation for scholarship aid. This year’s recipients represent 10 CMAA student chapters from across the country.
- Madison Allan, Johnson & Wales University, Providence
- Alexandria Bado, University of South Carolina
- Iliana Gallegos, University of Houston
- Christian Gueth, Niagara University
- Hannah Kerr, Johnson & Wales University, Providence
- Zarah King, Virginia Tech
- Avery Kinnaird, Johnson & Wales University
- Kat Kondratyev, Michigan State University
- Samantha Koval, University of South Carolina
- Rachel Lewis, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Grace Schuler, Drexel University
- Jessica Soderman, Florida State University
The scholarship was established in 1988 to honor Joe Perdue, CCM, CHE, the club industry’s leading hospitality educator. From 1986 to 2015, Joe Perdue served as Academic Advisor for the Club Management Association of America (CMAA) and was responsible for the initial development of CMAA’s Business Management Institute (BMI). He coordinated more than 300 weeklong BMI programs for more than 10,000 professionals. Beyond the US, he developed education programs in China, South Africa, Europe, and Canada.
About The Club Foundation
The Club Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was established by the Club Management Association of America in 1988.
The Foundation seeks to fund the life cycle of a club manager’s career, providing financial support for five key areas: students, faculty, club managers, CMAA chapters, and the club industry at large. It supports the advancement of club management professionals, funding industry education programs through scholarships and grants.
Learn more at clubfoundation.org.